This is the documentation of JSU for Jira Server/Data Center. If you are using JSU on Jira Cloud, you can find the documentation here.
The 'User Is In Any Roles' will verify that the current user is in one (not all) of the specified project roles.
Note, there is a 'User Is In Role' condition in standard JIRA. However, that lets you only verify the membership of the user against a single project role.
You must specify the roles that are the prerequisite for this transition, when configuring the check. For example:
For information on how to configure a check for a workflow transition in JIRA, see the JIRA documentation.
A workflow is configured so that the 'Resolve' transition has the 'User Is In Any Roles' check = 'SuperUser' project role only. A user viewing an issue in that workflow will not see the 'Resolve' transition unless he is having the 'SuperUser' project role.
Supported Field Types
In its different modules (especially those for workflows), the JSU app supports many different field types. System fields, as well as custom fields.
However you should be aware, that not all field types are supported. Also not in all combinations. We think we cover the most important field types and still are continuously adding and improving which and how different field types are supported. But the one you need, might just not (yet) work. Some custom fields of other third party app might never get supported.
For that reason you should always test anything you do with the JSU app with fields. Before you buy a license for JSU, try it with a free evaluation license, if it works for you.
Preconditions can be configured in a several ways:
- A result of a precondition can be negated
- A result of a precondition can be combined with a result of previous preconditions using the following ways:
- Discard the result of previous precondition (Results of the previous preconditions are not taken into account)
- AND (All of the preconditions have to be true to allow execute a post function)
- OR (Only one of the preconditions has to be true to allow execute a post function)