Requires JSU 2.0+
Get a clean view of your team's actual backlog
Do you Epics still stay on the Backlog your epics stay in the backlog of your Jira agile board after closing them?
We know why..Here's why. Besides the workflow status, Epics epics have an additional field called Epic epic status , only which is only accessible on the Backlog screen. Only Epics epics with the field Epic status field marked as "Done" get removed from the Backlog.
Check out the "How to" video further below to configure your automation.backlog. Let's have a look at how this can be automated using JSU's Update Any Issue Field post function.
How to configure this workflow
- Go to your project settings and click to edit your workflow. You can choose the transition you want to perform your post function. In this case, we choose the "Done" transition. Go to
- Select the post function tab and click to add Add post function and then choose .
- Select the "Update any issue field" post function from JSU. Finally click add, then click Add.
- Because we want this post function to perform only for Epics, we will need to configure a precondition. Therefore, we set the precondition to be true at the beginning of the post function configuration. In this transition, you want to have your Epic status updated to "done". Fill out the fields and click add Add.
- Now it's time to create your precondition to prevent errors when the workflow is used to non-Epic issues. Click to add post function and choose the "Value field" precondition. Configure your precondition by choosing Issue type to be equal to Epic and make sure the comparison type is "String". You can now add your precondition. Don't forget to publish
- Publish your workflow.
- Now check what you have achieved with JSU. Your Epic is currently visible on the Backlog. Turn your Epic to "Done" and go back to your Backlog. Your Epic doesn't show up any moreanymore!
Watch this video to see all of this in action*:
*The video is created on the Jira Server environment.
Need more Information information or help? Get in touch!